Bakersfield Campus Accreditation
Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood College in Bakersfield is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS): 750 First Street NE, Suite 980, Washington DC 20002-4242. For questions about our accreditation, call 202.336.6780. The ACICS website is located at www.acics.org.
- This is a private institution approved to operate by the:
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, California 95833
Approval to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the California Education Code, Title 3, Division 10, Part 59, Chapter 8.
Any questions a student may have regarding this catalog that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400 Sacramento, California, 95833, www.bppe.ca.gov, Toll-free telephone number: 888.370.7589 or by fax 916.263.1897.
As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling 1.888.370.7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau's Internet website www.bppe.ca.gov.
- Approved by the Dental Board of California for Dental Assistant Program, Infection Control, and Pit and Fissure Sealants:
State of California
Department of Consumer Affairs
Dental Board of California
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1550
Sacramento, California 95815
- There is no programmatic accreditation for the Criminal Justice and Medical Office Specialist programs.
- The Medical Assistant program is not programmatically accredited.
- The Dental Assistant program is not programmatically accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Member of the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU)
- Member of the California Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (CASFAA)
- Member of the Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce (COC)