Brightwood College in Corpus Christi, Texas
Competition is tough in today's job market. At Brightwood College, our diploma programs are designed to help you prepare for your chosen career. If you want to get ahead, you will need a solid education that helps you develop knowledge, skills, and work habits that could set you apart from other applicants. As a graduate of Brightwood College in Corpus Christi, Texas, you can gain the training that could prepare you to enter the workforce with confidence.
Multiple Learning Options
Experience your chosen profession firsthand through a combination of classroom lectures, field trips, presentations from guest speakers, interactive role-playing exercises, and practical application in our training labs. You could practice performing the skills typically used on the job and prepare to become a productive member of the workforce.
We know it can be tough to juggle multiple responsibilities—such as a job and a family—and still find time to pursue your education. That is why our Corpus Christ college campus offers flexible schedules that can fit your busy life, with classes during the day or in the evening. Contact an Admissions Representative for more information about how you could earn your diploma and prepare for a rewarding career.
The main San Antonio College of Medical and Dental Assistants campus is one of the oldest private career schools in Texas that teaches allied health programs. The College began operating in San Antonio in 1966, and through the years has prepared thousands of students for careers in allied health and business.
- In 1984, to serve the needs of students in extreme southern Texas, a branch campus was established in McAllen.
- In 1987, a second San Antonio campus opened in the South Texas Medical Center area. In 1995, this campus moved to a building next to the main campus and merged to become one entity.
- In November 1996, the College was purchased by Educational Medical, Inc., a school company with headquarters in Roswell, Georgia.
- In September 1998, EMI changed its name to Quest Education Corporation. Quest was purchased in July 2000 by Brightwood, Inc.
- In December 2002, Career Centers of Texas, Corpus Christi campus opened as a branch of San Antonio College of Medical and Dental Assistants.
- In December 2002, Quest changed its name to Brightwood Higher Education Corporation.
- In April 2010, Career Centers of Texas changed its name to Kaplan College.
- In February 2016, the school became Brightwood College.
Brightwood is dedicated to continuing to provide the high level of quality career education for which we are known. Our programs let you earn your diploma while acquiring knowledge and skills that can help you achieve your professional goals. Contact an Admissions Representative to learn more.
Brightwood College, Corpus Christi campus, is located in the South Coast Plaza on South Padre Island Drive—the city's main retail corridor. Our campus is easily accessible via Corpus Christi's Regional Transportation Authority bus service. If you choose to drive to our campus, ample parking is available on site.
Our bright orange-with-blue-trim building stands out among nearby businesses, but what really makes us stand out is our reputation for providing quality career education in Texas. Come see for yourself how earning a diploma at Brightwood College can help you pursue a rewarding new career.
About Corpus Christi, Texas
Corpus Christi is known as the "City by the Sea" for our close proximity to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. A subtropical climate—with an annual mean temperature of 71.1 degrees—attracts visitors and residents to this outdoor paradise. Recreational opportunities abound, including fishing, tennis, golf, camping, sailing, windsurfing, kite boarding, and, of course, lounging on hundreds of miles of beautiful beaches and nearby Padre Island—the longest barrier island in the nation. A bayfront promenade, waterfront restaurants, historic sites, and an arts and museum district offer something for everyone to enjoy in Corpus Christi.
Corpus Christi is the eighth largest Texas city. The Port of Corpus Christi, the Texas Mexican, Southern Pacific, and Missouri Pacific railways, and Corpus Christi International Airport support the city's transportation needs and provide infrastructure for exporting cotton, grain sorghums, wheat, fuel oils, gasoline, crude petroleum, and natural gas. The Corpus Christi Naval Air Station is also a boon to the local economy.