Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood College in Arlington, TX is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS): 750 First Street NE, Suite 980, Washington DC 20002-4242. For questions about our accreditation, call 202.336.6780. The ACICS website is located at www.acics.org.
- Programs approved and regulated by the:
Texas Workforce Commission
Career Schools and Colleges
101 East Fifteenth Street
Austin, TX 78778-0001
- Approved by the: Texas Veterans Commission
P.O. Box 12277
Austin, Texas 78711-2277
- Brightwood College has received a Certificate of Authorization to operate degree programs from:
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
1200 E. Anderson Lane
Austin, Texas 78752
- There is no programmatic accreditation for the Computer Networking Technology and Medical Billing and Coding Specialist programs.
- This Dental Assistant program is not programmatically accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- The Medical Assistant program is not programmatically accredited.
- Brightwood College in Arlington, TX is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant, alien students.
- Brightwood College, Arlington, TX campus is approved under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, to train eligible persons and veterans.
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau
- Career Colleges and Schools of Texas (CCST)
- Metroplex Association of Career Schools (MACS)
- Texas Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (TASFAA)
TWC Complaint Policy
Student Complaint Policy
- The School has a certificate of approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to operate a career school or college in the state of Texas. The TWC School Code for this campus is S3474.
- The School's programs are approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). The School is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- Students must address their concerns about the School or an educational program by following the grievance process outlined in the School's catalog.
- Students dissatisfied with the School's response to their complaint can file a formal complaint with the TWC, as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, if applicable.
- Information on filing a complaint with the TWC can be found on its Career Schools and Colleges Website at http://www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents.
- Information about the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) complaint procedures can be found on its website:
- Information about the Texas Administrative Code governing student complaint procedures can be found at: http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=5&ti=19&pt=1&ch=1&sch=E&rl=Y.