Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and associate’s degrees.
ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. ACICS may be contacted at:
750 First Street NE, Suite 980
Washington, DC 20002-4241
For more information on Brightwood College’s accrediting agency, please visit the ACICS web site.
- Brightwood College, Corpus Christi campus is approved and regulated by the:
Texas Workforce Commission
Career Schools and Colleges
101 East 15th Street
Austin, TX 78778-0001
- Approved by the:
Texas Veterans Commission
P.O. Box 12277
Austin, Texas 78711-2277
- The vocational nursing program is approved by:
Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
333 Guadalupe, Suite 3-460
Austin, Texas 78701
- Brightwood College is licensed by Texas Department of Public Safety
Private Security Board (P.S.B):
Texas Department of Public Safety
5805 North Lamar Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78752-4431
Texas License #F01240
- There is no programmatic accreditation for the Medical Office Specialist and Patient Care Technician programs.
- This Dental Assistant program is not programmatically accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- The Medical Assistant program is not programmatically accredited.
- Brightwood College in Corpus Christi, TX is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant, alien students.
- Brightwood College, Corpus Christi, TX campus is approved under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, to train eligible persons and veterans.
Brightwood College, Corpus Christi campus is a member of the following organizations:
- Career College Association
- Corpus Christi Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
TWC Complaint Policy
- The School has a certificate of approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to operate a career school or college in the state of Texas. The TWC School Code for this campus is S2035.
- The School's education programs are approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). The School is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- Students must address their concerns about the School or an educational program by following the grievance process outlined in the School's catalog.
- Students dissatisfied with the School's response to their complaint can file a formal complaint with the TWC, as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, if applicable.
- Information on filing a complaint with the TWC can be found on its Career Schools and Colleges Website at http://www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents.
- Information about the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) complaint procedures can be found on its website:
- Information about the Texas Administrative Code governing student complaint procedures can be found at: http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=5&ti=19&pt=1&ch=1&sch=E&rl=Y.