Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood College in Dallas, TX is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS): 750 First Street NE, Suite 980, Washington DC 20002-4242. For questions about our accreditation, call 202.336.6780. The ACICS website is located at www.acics.org.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Brightwood College in Dallas, TX is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia, 22314; telephone: 703.706.3245; email: email@example.com; website: www.capteonline.org.
View student outcome rates for the physical therapist assistant program at Brightwood College, Dallas campus.
Accreditation Status of the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program (OTA) at Brightwood College Dallas has been granted Full Accreditation Status by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD, 20814-3449. The phone number for ACOTE is (301) 652-AOTA (2682), and its Web address is www.acoteonline.org.
The OTA Program must be accredited by ACOTE in order for graduates to sit for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) Examination for the Occupational Therapy Assistant. A felony conviction may affect a graduate’s ability to sit for the NBCOT exam for professional certification and/or attain state licensure.
The Dental Assistant and Medical Assistant programs are not programmatically accredited.
There is no programmatic accreditation for the Medical Office Specialist program.
- Programs approved and regulated by the:
Texas Workforce Commission
Career Schools and and Colleges
101 East Fifteenth Street
Austin, TX 78778-0001
- Approved by the:
Texas Veterans Commission
P.O. Box 12277
Austin, Texas 78711-2277
- Brightwood College has received a Certificate of Authorization to operate degree programs from:
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
1200 East Anderson Lane
Austin, Texas 78752
- The Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies and General Practice Paralegal Certificate programs are approved by the:
American Bar Association
321 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60610
- Brightwood College in Dallas, TX is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant, alien students.
- Brightwood College in Dallas, TX is approved under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, to train eligible persons and veterans.
- American Association for Paralegal Education
- Better Business Bureau
- Career Colleges and Schools of Texas (CCST)
- Dallas Area Paralegal Association
- Fort Worth Paralegal Association
- Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Legal Assistants
- North Dallas Chamber of Commerce
Student Complaint Policy
- The School has a certificate of approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to operate a career school or college in the state of Texas. The School code is S0418.
- The School's education programs are approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). The School is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Schools and Colleges (ACICS).
- Students must address their concerns about the School or an educational program by following the grievance process outlined in the School's catalog.
- Students dissatisfied with the School's response to their complaint can file a formal complaint with the TWC, as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, if applicable.
- Information on filing a complaint with the TWC can be found on its Career Schools and Colleges Website at http://www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents.
- Information about the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) complaint procedures can be found on its website:
- Information about the Texas Administrative Code governing student complaint procedures can be found at: http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=5&ti=19&pt=1&ch=1&sch=E&rl=Y.
Public Inquiry and Resolution Procedure
Brightwood College in Dallas, TX takes seriously any inquiry from the public regarding the rights and privileges of persons associated with any program offered by the College. Accordingly, the following policy and procedure is in place to ensure timely and effective resolution of any inquires from the public.
- Members of the public who have questions or concerns regarding the College or its programs may submit a written and signed description of the issue, including return contact information, to the Office of the Executive Director:
Brightwood College, Dallas Campus
Office of the College Executive Director
12005 Ford Road, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75234
- The Office of the Executive Director will acknowledge receipt of the inquiry within five business days.
- The Office of the Executive Director will assign the issue to the appropriate Department Director, who will gather the necessary information, reach a decision and communicate it to the person who submitted the issue within thirty business days of receipt of such a request for further review.
- If satisfactory resolution cannot be reached at this level, the complainant may request in writing that the College Executive Director review the Department Director’s decision. The Executive Director will provide a final, written response within thirty business days of receipt.
- A record of all submissions received under this policy is maintained in the Office of the Executive Director.