Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and associate’s degrees.
ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. ACICS may be contacted at:
750 First Street NE, Suite 980
Washington, DC 20002-4241
For more information on Brightwood College’s accrediting agency, please visit the ACICS web site.
- Approved and regulated by the:
Texas Workforce Commission
Career Schools and Colleges
101 East 15th Street
Austin, Texas 78778-0001
- Approved by the:
Texas Veterans Commission
P.O. Box 12277
Austin, Texas 78711-2277
- Brightwood College has received a Certificate of Authorization to operate degree programs from:
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
1200 E. Anderson Lane
Austin, Texas 78752
- There is no programmatic accreditation for the Business Administration, Computer Networking Technology, Electrical Technician and Medical Office Specialist programs.
- The Dental Assistant program is not programmatically accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Brightwood College in El Paso, TX is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant, alien students.
- Brightwood College, El Paso, TX campus is approved under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, to train eligible persons and veterans.
Brightwood College, El Paso campus is a member of the following organizations:
- Better Business Bureau
- Career College Association
- Career Colleges and Schools of Texas
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
TWC Complaint Policy
Student Complaint Policy
- The School has a certificate of approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to operate a career school or college in the state of Texas. The School code is S0259.
- The School's education programs are approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). The School is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Schools and Colleges (ACICS).
- Students must address their concerns about the School or an educational program by following the grievance process outlined in the School's catalog.
- Students dissatisfied with the School's response to their complaint can file a formal complaint with the TWC, as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, if applicable.
- Information on filing a complaint with the TWC can be found on its Career Schools and Colleges Website at http://www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents.
- Information about the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) complaint procedures can be found on its website:
- Information about the Texas Administrative Code governing student complaint procedures can be found at: http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=5&ti=19&pt=1&ch=1&sch=E&rl=Y.