Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and associate’s degrees.
ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. ACICS may be contacted at:
750 First Street NE, Suite 980
Washington, DC 20002-4241
For more information on Brightwood College’s accrediting agency, please visit the ACICS web site.
- This is a private institution approved to operate by the:
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive Suite 400
Sacramento, California 95833
Approval to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the California Education Code, Title 3, Division 10, Part 59, Chapter 8.
- Approved by the Dental Board of California for Dental Assistant Program, Infection Control, and Pit and Fissure Sealants:
State of California
Department of Consumer Affairs
Dental Board of California
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1550
Sacramento, California 95815
- Approved under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, to train eligible persons and Veterans
- Approved to train eligible students under the Workforce Investment Board (WIB)
- There is no programmatic accreditation for the Healthcare Assistant, Holistic Health Practitioner, Massage Therapy, Medical Billing and Coding Specialist, Pharmacy Technician and X-Ray Technician/Back Office Medical Assistant programs.
- The Dental Assistant program is not programmatically accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Member of the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities