Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and associate’s degrees.
ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. ACICS may be contacted at:
750 First Street NE, Suite 980
Washington, DC 20002-4241
For more information on Brightwood College’s accrediting agency, please visit the ACICS web site.
- Brightwood College medical assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the The Medical Billing and Coding Specialist program is not programmatically accredited.
- The Dental Assistant program is not programmatically accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). The Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE) is the authority in the state of Texas to issue the Registered Dental Assistant credential.
- Texas School of Business has received a Certificate of Authorization to operate degree programs from:
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
1200 E. Anderson Lane
Austin, Texas 78752
- Approved and regulated by the:
Texas Workforce Commission
Career Schools and Colleges
101 East 15th Street
Austin, Texas 78778-0001
- Approved by the:
Texas Veterans Commission
P.O. Box 12277
Austin, Texas 78711-2277
- Texas School of Business has met the following standards:
- Approved by the Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation
- Certified as a training provider by the Gulf Coast Workforce Development Board (WIA)
- Approved to train veterans and other eligible persons under the provisions of Title 38, U.S. Code for approved programs by the Texas Workforce Commission
- Recognized as an eligible institution by the U.S. Department of Education for Title IV federal assistance programs
TWC Complaint Policy
Student Complaint Policy
- The School has a certificate of approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to operate a career school or college in the state of Texas. The School code is S1046.
- The School's education programs are approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). The School is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Schools and Colleges (ACICS).
- Students must address their concerns about the School or an educational program by following the grievance process outlined in the School's catalog.
- Students dissatisfied with the School's response to their complaint can file a formal complaint with the TWC, as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, if applicable.
- Information on filing a complaint with the TWC can be found on its Career Schools and Colleges Website at http://www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents.
- Information about the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) complaint procedures can be found on its website:
- Information about the Texas Administrative Code governing student complaint procedures can be found at: http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=5&ti=19&pt=1&ch=1&sch=E&rl=Y.