Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and associate’s degrees.
ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. ACICS may be contacted at:
750 First Street NE, Suite 980
Washington, DC 20002-4241
For more information on Brightwood College’s accrediting agency, please visit the ACICS web site.
- The health information technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- There is no programmatic accreditation for Medical Billing and Coding Specialist and Patient Care Technician programs.
- The Dental Assistant program is not programmatically accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- This is a private institution approved to operate by the:
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, California 95833
- Approval to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the California Education Code, Title 3, Division 10, Part 59, Chapter 8.
- Approved by the Dental Board of California for Dental Assistant Program, Infection Control, and Pit and Fissure Sealants:
State of California
Department of Consumer Affairs
Dental Board of California
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1550
Sacramento, California 95815
- The Nurse Assistant short course is approved by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- The Associate of Science in Nursing program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. This program is not accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination - Registered Nurse in California, however. A degree program that is unaccredited is not recognized for some employment positions, including, but not limited to, positions with the State of California.
- Approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to provide continuing education units
- The Vocational Nursing program is approved by the:
California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT)
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 205
Sacramento, California 95833
- Approved by the State of California Department of Public Health, Licensing and Certification Program for Nurse Assistant and Home Health Aide
- Approved as an Authorized Testing Center for examinations by the National Center for Competency Testing
- Approved to train eligible students under the Workforce Investment Board (WIB). The Workforce Investment Board was established in response to the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) to assist in setting and guiding policy in the area of workforce development.
- Brightwood College in San Diego, CA is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant, alien students.
- Brightwood College San Diego, CA campus is approved under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, to train eligible persons and veterans.
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- Member of the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities
- Member of the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools
- Member of the San Diego Chamber of Commerce
- Member of National Student Nurses Association - San Diego Chapter