Choosing an accredited school is important to your education. Accreditation signifies that the school has met certain standards of quality in education, so you can feel confident in the value of the education you receive.
Brightwood College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and associate’s degrees.
ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. ACICS may be contacted at:
750 First Street NE, Suite 980
Washington, DC 20002-4241
For more information on Brightwood College’s accrediting agency, please visit the ACICS web site.
- This is a private institution approved to operate by the:
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, California 95833
Toll-free telephone number: 888.370.7589
- Approval to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the California Education Code, Title 3, Division 10, Part 59, Chapter 8.
- Approved by the Dental Board of California for Dental Assistant Program, Infection Control, and Pit and Fissure Sealants:
State of California
Department of Consumer Affairs
Dental Board of California
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1550
Sacramento, California 95815
- The Vocational Nursing program is approved by the:
California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT)
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 205
Sacramento, California 95833
- Approved by the State of California Department of Public Health, Radiologic Health Branch for X-Ray Technician/Back Office Medical Assistant, and Licensing and Certification Divisions for Nursing Assistant and Home Health Aide
- Approved by the California Department of Public Health, Laboratory Field Services, to offer Phlebotomy Technician courses
- VUE Authorized Testing Center
- Approved by the State of California Department of Health Services Licensing and Certification for Nurse Assistant Certification Section
- Approved by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) to provide continuing education units
- Approved to train eligible students under the Workforce Investment Board (WIB)
- Brightwood College in Vista, CA is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant, alien students.
- Brightwood College, Vista, CA campus is approved under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, to train eligible persons and veterans.
- Member of the American Academy of Professional Coders
- Member of several local chambers of commerce including Vista and Oceanside
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- Member of the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities
- Member of the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools
- Member of the American Massage Therapy Association
- Member of the California Association of Schools for X-Ray Technicians (CASXT)