The healthcare field is growing and has a need for skilled professionals. With a variety of healthcare-related programs, Brightwood College is helping to train the next generation of healthcare workers.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the following about jobs in healthcare:
- There will be over 1 million vacancies in nursing positions in America by the year 2022.
- Personal care aides, registered nurses and home health aides are among the occupations with the most new jobs available, creating opportunities and openings in the industry. 1
- The healthcare sector has surpassed the state and local government and professional and business services sectors as the largest sector.
- Healthcare and social assistance is projected to increase its employment share from 12 percent in 2014 to 13.6 percent in 2024.
- Healthcare practitioners, support occupations and technical occupations are expected to contribute the most new jobs, with a combined increase of 2.3 million in employment — that’s about 1 in 4 new jobs. 2
Brightwood College recognizes the demand for medical workers and is committed to helping meet that need by providing training to students so that they can pursue positions in the healthcare industry. With programs ranging from Dental Assistant to Clinical Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant to Medical Billing and Coding, there are many programs to choose from.
Brightwood College healthcare and medical program offerings include:
- Clinical Massage Therapy
- Dental Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Ultrasound
- Health Information Technology
- Healthcare Assistant
- Holistic Health Practitioner
- Medical Assistant (degree or diploma)
- Medical Assistant X-Ray Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Practice Management
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy/EKG Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- Therapeutic Health Technician
- X-Ray Technician/Back Office Medical Assistant
Brightwood College does not guarantee employment or career advancement.