Practical Nursing (Diploma)
With medical advancements helping people live longer, the nation's aging population is increasing. As a result, the U.S. Department of Labor predicts that opportunities for nursing professionals, such as nursing care and in-home health care service providers, will grow.* Choosing the Practical Nursing Diploma program at Brightwood College could be a good first step toward becoming one of the individuals that can help fill this need.
Practical Nursing Diploma Program
At Brightwood College, our practical nursing training program could help you acquire the relevant job knowledge and experience to enter this rewarding field. Through group discussions, lectures, and hands-on laboratory training, you'll have a chance to develop the skills that could help you stand out in the job market and make a difference in patients' lives.
Combining classroom learning with training in laboratory and clinical settings, our nursing program is designed to prepare you to deliver care to patients under the supervision of a physician or registered nurse. Instruction includes helping you develop professionalism, effective communication, and competence in the application of clinical skills.
As a graduate of our practical nursing program, you may assume the following duties in the nursing field:
- Providing basic bedside care
- Taking vital signs
- Preparing and giving injections
- Performing routine laboratory tests
- Recording food and fluid intake and output
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-2017 Edition, Employment Projections: 2014-2024 Summary, http://www.bls.gov/news.release/ecopro.nr0.htm (accessed December 2015). Expected national growth rate through the year 2024. National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
The program is available at the following Brightwood College locations:
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Access gainful employment information including program length, tuition costs, financing options, graduation rates and median debt load of students who have completed the program:
For details about specific program outcomes and offerings, please review the Academic Programs section of your course catalog.
For additional information on tuition and fees, please review the tuition information section of your campus course catalog under Financial Information > Tuition and Fees.